Update your browser to view this website correctly. Update my browser now
The privileges of an IRI Course are to instruct for the issue, revalidation and renewal of an IR on the appropriate aircraft category.
An applicant for an IRI certificate shall:
(a) for an IRI(A):
(1) have completed at least 800 hours of flight time under IFR, of which at least 400 hours shall be in aeroplanes; and
(2) in the case of applicants of an IRI(A) for multi-engine aeroplanes, meet the requirements of paragraph FCL.915.CRI (a);
IRI – Training course
(a) The training course for the IRI includes, at least:
(1) 25 hours of teaching and learning instruction;
(2) 10 hours of technical training, including revision of instrument theoretical knowledge, the preparation of lesson plans and the development of classroom instructional skills;
(3) (i) for the IRI (A), at least 10 hours of flight instruction on an aeroplane, FFS, FTD 2/3 or FPNT II. In the case of applicants holding an FI (A) certificate, these hours are reduced to 5;
(b) Applicants holding or having held an instructor certificate shall be fully credited towards the requirement of (a)(1).