FI Course Overview
Training other enthusiastic people to achieve their aspirations to fly can bring considerable satisfaction. Why not consider the exciting and rewarding role as a Flight Instructor to further develop your skills for flight.
Pre Entry Requirements:
- Valid JAR/EASA Pilots licence which must include a valid SEP (land) class rating
- JAR/EASA CPL or ATPL theoretical knowledge examinations Pass
- If only holding a PPL, must have at least 200 hours of flight time of which 150 hours must be PIC
- A total of 30 hours on SEP aircraft of which 5 hours shall be in the last six months preceding the pre-entry flight test
- A total of 10 hours Instrument flight instruction of which 5 hours may be in a Flight simulator or FNPT
- A total of 20 hours of cross country flying as PIC including a flight of at least 300nm in the course of which a full stop landings at two aerodromes different to the departure aerodrome
- Pass a specific pre-entry flight test with a FIC Instructor within six months preceding the start of the course
- 125 Hours Ground Training
- 30 Hours SE Flight Instruction, including 5 Hours Mutual Flying
Duration: 4-6 weeks during Summer and up to 8 weeks during Winter months.